Tuesday, October 14, 2008

India nuclear deal not bad

The U.S. and India signed a pact last week to allow India to import civilian nuclear technology and stuff. Here's the Register's editorial suggesting it wasn't a bad deal. Pardon me if I have a hard time getting upset that it might undermine the international Nuclear Anti-Proliferation treaty. That's always been something of an effort by the nuclear countries to keep it a closed club more than an expression of the supposed horrors that proliferation would entail. It's not surprising that India developed a nuke once both China and Pakistan had them, or were well on the way. India is well on its way, now that it has substantially (though hardly completely) liberalized its economy, to being a prosperous and consequential world power. Nothing wrong with having good relations.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I love this blog! I am also making my own blog, its for people looking for love: 'Experience - India' is my first Matrimonial website, it is free and you do not need to register to use it. Please have a look and let me know what you think (http://www.experience-dating.com/free-online-dating/free-online-dating/india.html)