Saturday, October 25, 2008

Except for Bruins, a great sports day

Did I say this was going to be a terrific World Series? I love a game that comes down to the 9th inning and could go either way. I also love it that 45-year-old junk-ball pitcher Jamie Moyer had a good game for the Phillies, and, I guess, even if he didn't get the win, his team did, 5-4, with a run in the bottom of the 9th.

The Penn State-Ohio State game was similarly interesting until very late, but even though an Ohio State win would have benefited USC (I'm West Coast-centric even when it's USC, though I'll have a different attitude in early December) I was kinda glad to see old Joe Pa's team doing so well this year. And the USC-Arizona game, finally won by USC, was hard-fought and could have gone the other way with some different breaks, even though I think USC is better talent-wise.

As of the UCLA-Cal game, what can I say? at the start of the 4th quarter I thought the Bruins had a chance, but they came up a yard short on the 3rd-and-forever and things just fell apart. I don't know if Kevin Craft will start the next game or not.

No comments: