Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle sings "Cry Me A River"

I'm assuming that if you're mildly sentient you have seen or come into contact with the YouTube of Susan Boyle singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from "Les Miserables" on "Britain's Got Talent." Of course I had intended to post it here days ago, before it went completely viral, but had other things to do. I did post it on the Register's Orange Punch blog.) I came home one evening last week and my wife said "I've found a song I want you to listen to." I said to myself, "When she's done I have one I want her to listen to." Turned out to be the same song.

Now a 10-year-old recording of her singing the old Julie London standard for some kind of charitable talent show in her little village. Turns out she had talent 10 years ago. Take a listen.

Pardon a personal touch. The Temecula Vintage Singers did a medley from "Les Miserables" a few years ago. Of course I didn't solo on that song, since it was a female solo. Did the 'bout-to-die' song. And more years ago that you want to know about, when I was in high school, playing in the dance band, our arrangement of "Cry Me a River" had a tenor sax solo on which, if I may say so, I wailed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i always like susan boyle... great singer

http://thebestinfo.net visit me please

phynel said...

check this click this site see this website More Help discover here Read Full Article