Monday, April 06, 2009

No surprise in Detroit

I was rooting for Michigan State, not only because it fits my atavistic approach to sports -- if it's not UCLA or a UCLA connection (or the Lakers or the Angels or the Dodgers) root for the most westerly or southerly team -- but because one of our readers who calls fairly often went to Michigan State and I wanted it for him. But when I saw North Carolina dismantle Villanova on Saturday (I was hoping for a different outcome since Villanova beat UCLA) I figured it had to be a long shot. But I didn't expect the kind of out-of-the-box dominance North Carolina displayed.

Give Michigan State some credit. They didn't give u8p and on a points basis they actually won the second half. But there was no way they were going to beat North Carolina tonight. They're just too good. Congratulations.

No comments: