Monday, August 17, 2009

Busy weekend

Didn't even turn on the computer over the weekend. We were busy remodeling the kitchen, which involved painstaking assembly of a couple of tables from Ikea, as well as normal garden-variety gardening, maintenance, etc. I've noticed when I clean the pool filter an amazing amount of what I've decided to call TVM -- tiny vegetative matter -- that just keeps coming and coming when I spray out the filter. Amazing what gets trapped in there. But then I suppose that's what a filter is for. I'd hate to have all that crap stay in the pool, or depend on getting it out with a skimmer basket.

Years ago I told my brother-in-law Mike that we planned to have a low-0maintenance yard. He looked at all the plants and trees, especially the potted plants, as well as the various furniture, not all of which can be left out all year, to pool and all, and laughed at me. Laughed at me! Of course, he was right.

No comments: