Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jack Herer gravely ill

There was a time there Friday when almost everybody thought Jack Herer, tireless cannabis activist and author of "The Emperor Wears No Clothes," had died. He didn't, but he's an pretty serious medical condition. He had a stroke -- maybe a heart attack too, I'm still not clear and is in hospital. As of noon today, the medicines used to induce a coma were starting to wear off (as planned). His heart and body appear strong. Tomorrow they will do EEG tests to determine his brain functions.

As I noted in this post (written when I though he had died), Jack Herer taught me a lot about the potentially beneficial uses of hemp, the world's strongest natural fiber. I'm praying for a full recovery, but if it was a stroke (again) recovery could take a while. I visited him shortly after his first stroke, and whiule his brain seemed to functioning quite actively, it was a struggle to get his mouth to say anything other than the most simple phrases, somewhat distorted.

I am praying hard for his recovery.

No comments: