Friday, December 21, 2007

Tucker Carlson on Ron Paul

MSNBC host/anchor (I think he still is) Tucker Carlson has an interesting piece on his travels with Ron Paul in Nevada, during which he introduced him to Dennis Hof, who runs a legal brothel and who, with most of his workers, decided to endorse Ron Paul, creating a little stir of publicity a few weeks ago. Interesting that it ran in The New Republic; if I learn more of the story behind it I'll pass it on. I suspect it might not have been the first place Carlson tried to peddle it, since it's been a while since the incidents described. Or maybe it's one more instance of the "mainstream" media (whatever that means) paying more attention to Dr. Paul given his (or his supporters', to be more precise) impressive fundraising ability.

I've mentioned before that I first met Ron Paul when he was first elected to Congress back in the 1970s, and while we're hardly intimate friends we have run into one another at various events over the years. Last time was at the first debate, in Simi Valley last Spring. I think Tucker exaggerates the flatness of his delivery, but Ron Paul is not the most scintillating public speaker ever. Must be the ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Janet[/url]