Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Date Festival

We took the grandchildren out to the Date Festival in Indio today. In all the years I've lived in Southern California, this is the first time I've done that. Although Jaedon (7) enjoyed it, I can't say that I recommend it. There were portable carnival rides, which perhaps explained 7-year-old enthusiasm, and lots of animals, including a petting zoo with some fairly interesting animals, including a Zebra (the kids enjoyed the movie "Racing Stripes") and a couple of African antelopes. But all in all it was a bit disappointing to us two older adults. Kinda grubby and overpriced. I do love date shakes, and those weren't bad, but on balance I think the date shakes at Hadley's in Cabazon are better.

Ah, well, it was an experience and the kids did enjoy it. And we got a chance to see Joe and Alane later on, talk about the invention a little more. I suspect there will be several more prototypes before it is perfected.

No comments: