Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nice, but not holding my breath

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I was inordinately pleased to see the Bruins beat Arizona this afternoon. The loss to them last week was discouraging because UCLA led for so long and showed it could play with them, but give Arizona credit, when they got hot and the Bruins' defense slackened just a bit, they took advantage. It didn't happen today, and I think, even beyond the points he scored, Reeves Nelson was a big factor. There's just something about the energy he brings and the balls-out way he plays that seems to infect the rest of the team.

Wouldn't it be nice? Cal is clearly the class of the league, but UCLA did beat them (and lose to them). Stanford upset Arizona State tonight. I'm not getting my hopes up too much just yet, but all the so-called experts have been saying for a while the tournament is wide open and the winner could be a surprise.

No comments: