Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Nice win, but . . .

I haven't acknowledged here the Bruin football team's nice win over Temple (take that, Bill Cosby!) in the EagleBank Bowl Dec. 29. The defense was mostly solid and the offense finally woke up in the second half. Exciting and worth watching. However, I'm not all that happy that defensive lineman Brian Price (only the Pac 10 defensive player of the year), a huge contributor, has decided to forego his senior year and enter the NFL draft. I guess I can't blame him. He has little or nothing left to prove and he's a likely first-rounder and is almost sure to have a heckuva pro career. And he has a family situation -- two brothers killed by gang violence in South Central and the family stuck there. And he was not the onlydefensive standout. But he's a huge impact player and I wish we had him back for another year.

No comments: