Sunday, January 03, 2010

Back at the old stand

I suppose I could have been communing during this time away from home, mostly in Las Vegas visiting son Steve and nephew Tom, but I just didn't. I monitored work e-mail for a couple of days, but didn't have a mouse to go with my laptop so had a hard time copying things so I didn't do much on the computer. I can't say that I missed opining on the Christmas Day terrorist attempt, and I still don't have much to say, except it will no doubt facilitate government increasing the paranoia level and thus grabbing more surveillance power. Sometimes it seems as if the terrorists are working hand-in-glove with the government to keep us all as fearful as possible.

Did get a chance yesterday to spend sopm time with my sidter Nancy, whom I haven't seen face-to-face since she move to Ridgefield, WA. She and Ricjhard have moved on from there to Eureka, of all places, where Richard has an engineering job. But she was in the OC Saturday visiting various friends, including one who is gravely ill, and we got to spend a few hours together catching up.. So glad we did.

Perhaps the worst part of a trip is unpacking the car, which always seems to have much more than it could possibly hold and take forever to get into the house. We still haven't put everything away yet, but are ready for work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hd-wallpaper

rggr l % mi 97