Thursday, April 10, 2008

Iraq: No strategy but holding on

Here's a link to the Register's editorial on the appearances before Congress of Gen. David Petraeus and Ambassador Cooper on Tuesday. What he had to say and what Bush said today reinforces my impression that Bush simply intends to hang on until the end of the term and hand the mess over to the next president. I'm almost cynical enough to think he and the neocons have already prepared their rationale for future propaganda: We had Iraq in hand and victory just around the corner and those Democrats (or even McCain; these people are utterly without personal honor in my view) messed it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It gets down to choose a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]