Saturday, March 31, 2007

Good job, Florida, dammit!

Even though they made two baskets in a row after I put on the ugly hat -- baby-blue corduoroy with a "UCLA" in bright-gold script -- it just wasn't enough. This was not exactly what I had in mind.

I'll say this. The Bruins never gave up, as I think they pretty much did last year. They played with intensity right to the end. But Florida was just too good tonight. It isn't often that 17 points is essentially meaningless, but that was pretty much the case with Afflalo tonight. By the time he started hitting the game was just out of reach. Oh, you might make a case that if Florida had missed some hard shots and UCLA had made some relatively easy ones they might have made it closer. But there were just too many people in foul trouble, mainly caused by Florida's quickness.

I only watched part of the Ohio State-Georgetown game, so I can't assess with much knowledge. But I'd be surprised if Florida doesn't dominate on Monday night.

No comments: