Saturday, September 18, 2010

A glimmer of hope?

During my illness and convalescence time at home I haven't even been reading an entire newspaper, every day. let alone three or four and several hours searching news sites on the Internet, so I don't feel as informed as I usually do. So I have been assuming that UCLA is almost a cinch to lose to Houston, the nation's highest scoring team, today. So I found it interesting that the Register's Scott Reid actually has UCLA favored to win, arguing that Houston's big point totals came against bad teams, UCLA has more at stake, and is better athletically than Houston, and Kevin Prince is fully healthy for the first time this season.

I certainly hope he's right, and he just might be. I've mentioned previously that Neuheisel teams tend to get better as the season goes along, to learn from and correct their mistakes. I'll be watching to see if that happens this week. I hope it isn't an exercise in masochism.

No comments: