Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Price of Everything

Although I've met several of the gang in the economics dept. at George Mason U, to my knowledge I haven't met Russell Roberts. But I can strongly recommend his books, as I did in this Register review of his new book, "The Price of Everything." I haven't read "The Choice," but I did read "The Invisible Heart." Improbably enough these are all novels -- though they are novels intended to teach the reader a bit of basic economics in a relatively painless way -- and they actually have interesting stories with believable and sympathetic three-dimensional characters. Over the years I have made several stabs at writing a novel and each time have decided that it's just not my thing. I'm glad that an economist of Roberts's abilities has the knack for writing stories.

No comments: