Thursday, July 10, 2008

Election update

It's not that I'm uninterested in the election. I have a love-hate relationship with politics that includes a lifelong fascination with the electoral process -- although I'm convinced "democracy" is this era's version of the "divine right ot kings:" al slogan to dupe the peasants into granting some shred of legitimacy to the brutes who rule over us. I think that perspective gives me a certain detachment when analyzing the machinations of the contending brutes.

Right now the election is in a bit of a doldrum period, but I'm blogging about it pretty steadily at the Register's Horserace'08 election blog, so if you're interested you might want to check into it. At this point it's not part of the Register's coverage plan for me to attend either convention; Steve Greenhut and Mark Landsbaum are slated to divide the two while I stay in the home office. I've always found conventions fascinating, but I'll get along just fine.

No comments: