Monday, March 24, 2008

Kenneth Gregg memorial dinner

I had heard on the blogosphere that Kenneth Gregg had died a week or so ago. I haven't seen Ken in almost 20 years or so, but we used to be somewhat close, seeing one another at libertarian events and talking on the phone every so often. Ken was a close student of history who was more interested in getting it right than in proving a point, and a kind, benevolent soul. I don't know about anyone else, but even though I hadn't seen him for years, I'll miss him. The world seems smaller without him. I'll try to see if I can find his Website again and post it.

Pam Maltzman is having a dinner for him (Dutch) April 5 at 6:00 p.m. at:

Baiplu Thai Restaurant/Aki Sushi
1626 East Seventh Street
Long Beach, California
(562) 436-3123

5 comments:

Mike said...

Hi

I might be able to help you with locating Kenneth Gregg's blog site.

Mike

Pam Maltzman said...

Alan, thanks for posting about Ken. Google him... there are several websites of his out there, including his blog site.

Pam Maltzman said...

Hi, Alan: I don't see an e-mail address for you on your blog. Can you please contact me via e-mail?

People have been asking me what is to become of Ken's library.

Ken's widow, Debbie Gregg, wants to sell it. The problem is, the library is uncatalogued. And as large as his collection was when he and I were an item, it must be pretty gargantuan now.

What I want to do is this: E-mail every libertarian contact I have, and maybe, through networking, someone will want to buy Ken's collection of books.

Debbie did not really share most of Ken's intellectual interests, and would really like to sell the library.

Since the collection is not catalogued, I'm hoping that I can help a buyer get together with Debbie and have them negotiate for a price which seems fair to both parties.

I'd kind of like to help her get the collection sold, partly because I still consider Ken to have been a good, decent man (even though I ended the relationship many years ago), and I'm sure that after Ken's extended illness, Debbie and their daughter Catherine could use the money.

Thanks in advance.


Pam Maltzman

Pam Maltzman said...

Whoops... here's my e-mail address:

pbmaltzman@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

any more posts coming ?