Tuesday, January 22, 2008

UCLA loses -- to USC!!

None of the USC graduates who work in our office took me up on my offer to put a little money on the UCLA-USC basketball game, even though I explained that USC had a talented team that was taking a while to put things together and would be very good once they did. Well, they put it together Saturday night -- or UCLA played complacently, figuring they could put together a run at the end, as they had done several times this year. I can't figure out which. Anyway, USC won and did so rather decisively, and congratulations to them.

I don't live and die with sports exactly, but I didn't take that loss well. I'm preferring to think it will be a reminder that they aren't invulnerable, giving them motivation to come out with more intensity and discipline for many games to come. But we'll see, won't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick Neuheisel, Norm Chow, UCLA has become a football school. It should be interesting. How much does Chow, dislike Pete?