Thursday, April 05, 2007

Come hear me (and others) sing Saturday

I guess I've been singing with the Temecula Vintage Singers, a mostly-but-not-exclusively-classical group, for almost 10 years now. Wherever I have lived I have found a group to sing with or sometimes, if I could find a school willing to let me borrow their bassoon (I could never afford to buy one), a band or orchestra to play with.

Anyway, The Vintage Singers are giving a concert this Saturday at 2:00 p.m. at the Temecula Community Theater on Main Street in Old Town. It's a fairly new and quite nice facility (maybe two-three years old now) with reasonable acoustics (though multipurpose halls are seldom ideal for music).

This being Easter Saturday, we're doing Handel (Messiah excerpts) Bach and Vivaldi (the "Gloria," with harpsichord and cello, more interesting than the usual piano). We had our dress rehearsal Monday and we're ready.

You might also be interested in checking out the Temecula Wine Country. There are more than a dozen wineries, a couple quite spectacular and all nice, several very nice restaurants, and the wine is decent quality (i.e., fifteen bucks a bottle and up but tasting is reasonable and fun).

No comments: