Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bruin basketball: not too discouraging

Most of the sportswriters seemed to think that the Bruins' performance against Notre Dame last Saturday showed that this year's UCLA basketball team is in serious trouble. While I've certainly beeen disappointed by their performance so far, I watched the game and I'm not sure I agree. Of course it was disappointing that they couldn't hold their early lead, and they made a lot of mistakes and turnovers and took some ill-considered shots. But while early in the second quarter I had pretty much abandoned a realistic hope they they might win, even though I put my hat on in several different rally configurations (though my ugly old baby-blue corduroy UCLA cap, which I didn't wear, might have done the trick.

Still, they never gave up, and they kept whittling the lead down to single digits (eventually losing by 11). Notre Dame was obviously the better and more experienced team, but the Bruins didn't let them make it a complete blowout. I still think they have the potential to be a decent team this year. The proof will be in the playing and in the W-L stats, of course. But I'm holding onto hope.

I'm thinking tonight's game (not on TV so I didn't see it) helps to make my case. They came back after a sloppy performance for most of the game and beat Colorado State

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm new on here, I came upon this message board I find It very useful & its helped me out a great deal. I hope to contribute and aid others like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm new here, I stumbled upon this chat board I find It absolutely useful and it's helped me a great deal. I hope to give something back and support others like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You About.

Anonymous said...

Aloha im new here, I came accross this forum I have found It amply accessible & it has helped me tons. I hope to contribute & guide other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See You Around

Anonymous said...

Heya im fresh on here, I hit upon this board I have found It vastly accommodating & it's helped me tons. I hope to give something back and assist others like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You About.