Saturday, January 13, 2007

Playoffs just right

Well, let's see if writing a new post will get the previous one published, as sometimes happens. No luck the first few times, but keep trying.

The NFL playoff games today were both worth watching, and on balance I liked the way they turned out. It's nice to see Peyton Manning get a little farther in the playoffs, and even more interesting to see the Indianapolis defense be the key to winning the game.

And the Saints! I really must find a way to visit New Orleans sometime this year and see for myself the extent to which it's rebuilt and/or how prmanent some destruction seems. But the Saints seem like a harbinger of rebirth.

Of course I want the Chargers to win tomorrow, then win again and then beat the Saints. But I hope it is the Saints in the Super Bowl.

No comments: